“Miss Cummings, if we’re all different, doesn’t that kind of make us all the same?” -Juniper May, Robot Song
When eleven-year-old Juniper May receives a petition signed by her entire class stating that she is ‘the most hated person in the school’ her life is thrown into complete meltdown. After exhausting all other avenues her parents’ resort to the only thing they have left, a giant singing robot.
Based on a true story, Robot Song illustrates the profound, transformative nature of creativity that when combined with unconditional love, becomes an unstoppable force. For Juniper, creativity opens doors into places she never knew existed allowing her, for the first time, to be defined on her own terms.
Robot Song is a deeply personal story. It shares an honest, intensely funny and often unconventional window into writer, director Jolyon James’ experience parenting a child on the Autism Spectrum.“Gorgeously told and superbly crafted, a must-see for young people growing up in a world where bullying is widespread but who need to understand that difference should be seen as an asset.”
Win 4 FREE TICKETS to Robot Song! To enter, simply…
The Jetty Memorial Theatre team will select the winner and announce on Facebook! Good luck to everyone entering and remember, be different… it kind of makes us all the same!
Colouring Competition T&C’s
1. Prize includes 4 free tickets to ONE showing of the Jetty Memorial Theatre presented show Robot Song Saturday July 13th 10am or 1pm
2. Competition open to ages 13 and below
3. Competition closes Wednesday July 10th at 8am
4. Judging will be conducted by Jetty Memorial Theatre team.
5. Winner will be announced on Facebook Wednesday July 10th at 3pm; all reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner
6. Tickets are non-transferable and only valid for the Robot Song
JMT Touring & Arena Theatre Company Presents
Saturday 13 July
Adult $30 Child $22 Family $84
1 hour (no interval)
When purchasing a family ticket please select 4 only to get access to the discounted rate. Add additional tickets on order overview page for extra children/ adults.